Scabies is a skin condition that is caused by a small mite (Sarcoptes scabie). It is contagious. It is caused when the mite associates itself with the human skin and lays eggs which hatch to form adult mites. As such the symptoms lasts for months or even years. It causes severe itching. It spreads through physical contact.
It takes around 2-6 weeks for symptoms to appear after getting infested. Common symptoms include
- Intense itching especially during nights
- Lesions or blisters or insect bites
- Skin Rashes
- Skin becomes red, dry and swollen
- Physical Contact or skin to skin Contact
- Contact with clothing or bed linen of infested person
It is essential to get advice from an expert because treatment requires prescribed medications. Ayurvedic treatment has proved to be effective in the treatment of Scabies.